IMS Registration Sequence Diagram
This sequence diagram details the message interactions involved in IMS registration. IMS registration from a visited IMS network is covered. The interactions covered are:
- Terminal attaching to the GPRS Network.
- Terminal activates a PDP context.
- An unauthenticated IMS registration is attempted.
- IPSec security association is established between the User terminal and the P-CSCF.
- Finally the terminal performs an IPSec protected registration that completes the authentication of the network and the terminal.
We look at the registration via multiple views into the registration interactions:
- IMS Registration
- IMS Registration Poster (11x17)
- IMS Registration Overview
- Registration Interactions between Visited and Home IMS Networks
- Registration Interactions between User Equipment, the Visited Network and the Home IMS Network
- UE Role Sequence Diagram
- UE Role Collaboration Diagram
- P-CSCF Role Sequence Diagram
- P-CSCF Role Collaboration Diagram
- I-CSCF Role Sequence Diagram
- I-CSCF Role Collaboration Diagram
- S-CSCF Role Sequence Diagram
- S-CSCF Role Collaboration Diagram